A Day in the Life of Das Boot: Italia

Das Boot about to enter the Boboli Gardens in Florence

Das Boot riding the bus through the Tuscan countryside

Das Boot admiring the olive groves and the Siena countryside

Das Boot in reception at Palazzo di Valli, Siena

To be continued…..

1. August 14, 2011 2:52 am

So glad to see this and curious if you used self-take OR actually asked someone to take that one picture of DB! looking forward to more tales of Das Boot!

I have used self-take, when I am traveling alone…. but Sinead was available, so she took the photo for me! More tales to follow.

2. August 14, 2011 3:40 am

Ha ha! Eat your heart out, garden gnome! Looking forward to the further adventures of Das Boot…

The return of Das Boot soon to follow!

3. August 16, 2011 1:50 am

This is wonderful: like the beautifully varnished toenails within the constraints of Das Boot, peeping out and enjoying the trip! Keep going: boots are made for walking, after all…..

That’s funny, Corri… and that boot did do a lot of walking. It is looking a little worse for wear, at this point….

4. August 17, 2011 3:52 am

Catching up as I start coming into the light after all the weirdness of this summer. I have to laugh — you have such good humor in such a “constraining” situation! What a joy you are. Can’t wait to hear more and hope it’s not slowing you down too much!

Thanks, Jeanie! And a weird summer it was for both of us! But I think I said the same thing about last summer….. Hope it’s not a trend.
    The boot did slow me down more than I would have liked, but I suspect I noticed things in a different way, so it isn’t all bad. Hope all is well, and less weird, for you!!

5. August 18, 2011 8:27 pm

I had to wear a boot like that once, and can’t image taking it to Italy – I could barely make it to the grocery store and back!

Good for you, Kerry 🙂
    Got to do what you got to do, right!? It was a bit of a pain, dragging it around Italy and all the airports and train stations, but it certainly gave me a new perspective.

6. August 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Isabella Bird would be proud of you, travelling so intrepidly despite handicaps!
    I think I am a pretty big whiner compared to Isabella – but thanks!!

Trackbacks