Am I Blue?

January 1, 2010

Ella Fitzgerald – Am I Blue?

No, I’m not blue!  But once in a blue moon only comes…. once in a blue moon!

Happy New Year everyone, with my wishes to you for health and happiness, all of your hard work rewarded, dreams fulfilled, and peace everywhere.  It has been such a pleasure getting to know you through this crazy new form of communication.  I’ve learned a lot and loved visiting with you here and on your blogs.  Thanks for being a part of my life!

A peak of some blues from the past year follows:

19th and Cherry – Milwaukee Wisconsin

Baby chicken tied in a knot, Tembuku, Bali

Dining room with Christmas garland

Claire Galway Abbey, Ireland

Bloo Lagoon Villa, Padangbai, Bali

Martin Luther King Drive, Milwaukee Wisconsin

Home of the unfriendly actress, Kintamani, Bali

Muscari – Don’t despair, spring is just around the corner!

Happy New Year!

xxoo

1. January 2, 2010 12:37 am

Happy happy New Year, Qugrainne! Those gorgeous photos remind us just what a rich and vibrant world you create for us here. Thank you! The blog world wouldn’t be the same without you in it.

Thank you for the kind words, litlove – HNY to you too! 🙂

2. January 2, 2010 4:41 am

Oh, how clever and creative–and Ella, too! Marvel-ous. I am so very glad to have met you this (last) year, and look forward to many more of your adventures, literary, artistic, and otherwise. Thank you. A most happy and healthy 2010 to you and your family, qu!

Thanks for the wishes and kind words, ds. Here’s to adventures!!

3. January 8, 2010 11:12 pm

Beautiful blues! I had forgotten that Ireland was part of your year, also! And how fun to visit Bali again! So glad you got that great camera!

Here’s to a year that’s blue only in color — not in mood!

Sounds good to me, Jeanie.

4. January 17, 2010 5:20 am

As your pictures prove, these are the kinds of blues to have! I hope 2010 is equally as blue for you. It has been such a pleasure spending 2009 with you, and I look forward to more of that same pleasure in the coming year.

Here’s to blue, Carl! Cheers 🙂

5. January 23, 2010 9:05 am

Dear Q,

Finally, finally, I sit here reading around in blogworld. I’ve re-arranged the living room so the rest of the family can see the TV but here in the wingchair, in a corner, with a reading lamp, I don’t have to deal with the blare of it all.

Wonderful picture and fun entry on the good old blue moon. What a treat, really.

So, we are going to rendez-vous in the spring, yes? You are more than welcome here in STL and /or we can meet up somewhere “halfway” as Jeanie mentioned.

Stay in touch. We can do this!

Rendez vous sounds good to me… half way works too. Spring time!
    It is so dreary dreary dreary. I would rather have a blizzard than this melting freezing, dirty snow, nastiness on the road. Ah well – this too shall pass. Thanks for dropping in, after your big Miami adventure – lucky you! 😉

6. January 30, 2010 6:47 am

I’m not even a great fan of blue, and yet find this lovely.

You know, it does remind me of a little story. I was in 6th grade, and mom had made me a beautiful dress with a dropped waist and pleats all around the bottom. It was a blue and green plaid – almost exactly the colors of your mom’s tea party, the big green bush and the deepest blue of the tablecloth.

I was beside myself because EVERYONE “knew” that blue and green didn’t go together! My grandmother took me outside and had me look at the trees against the blue, blue sky. She said, “Are they pretty?” Yes, they were pretty. “Well”, she said, “if God thinks blue and green go together, don’t you think it’s ok for your dress to be blue and green?”

I’d forgotten that until your blues brought it back – thank you!

Hi Linda – isn’t it amazing – the memories we have stored in the backs of our brains that need something to stir them up? I wish I could just go through that stock pile and look at each one, rather than having to wait for something to nudge it forward. Your story reminded me of a 7th grade story. I had some blue suede shoes (can you believe it?!) that I wanted to pair with a green outfit. My mom just couldn’t see how it would work, and discouraged me. I was standing in the grass next to my mom one day, and pointed out how lovely the shoes looked peeking through the grass. She was sold, and let me purchase the outfit I’d been yearning for.

My mom sewed for me too – aren’t we lucky?! I sewed for my children, and now that my daughter is having a baby, I have been busy sewing, and she has finally agreed to let me teach her how to sew.

7. kurt permalink
    February 1, 2011 6:00 am

“Nuclear Power Plant, Sheboygan Wisconsin”
    Incorrect city, the power plant in Sheboygan is coal fired, the
    plant pictured is in Manitowoc Wis, about 30 miles north of