spring….. it will arrive

March 31, 2009

This spring as it comes bursts up in bonfires green,

Wild puffing of emerald trees, and flame-filled bushes,

Thorn-blossom lifting in wreaths of smoke between

Where the wood fumes up and the watery, flickering rushes.

D. H. Lawrence

spring-blizzard

1. March 31, 2009 8:20 am

I thought it had arrived, until Saturday dumped 6 inches of snow on us! Turns out it was just in the bathroom, because it was back with a vengeance on Sunday and almost all of the snow melted by the late afternoon!

Hi Carl – we had a taste of the same storm… there is still an inch or two that needs to melt ASAP! I felt so sorry for all of the robins I have seen in the last couple weeks. I have no clue what they are eating 😦

2. March 31, 2009 11:29 am

Looks like you’re all set–love the colors! Thought spring was truly here–and then last night came a massive thunderstorm, complete with hail; cats didn’t know what to make of it. oh well.

That’s mother nature for you… always a surprise up her sleeve 🙂

3. April 2, 2009 5:13 am

I love the yellows and blues represented in this photograph. It makes me want to put on my rubbers and go out for a walk, regardless of the rain.

I don’t have a choice – with two dogs, I have to go out whether it’s raining or snowing or whatever!

4. April 2, 2009 6:15 am

I shall have to take your word for it! One day I think, Yes!, it’s here! And tonight, I have just come in from a long walk with the dogs… wearing a heavy turtleneck sweater and my wellies. But all the trees are in bloom and there are lovely scents floating on the air, so it must be true!!

Oh Pamela – trees in bloom! I can’t wait. It will be another month, however.

5. April 2, 2009 8:31 am

I’m baaaack…this time to tell you that I have left you something on my blog. Come visit when you get a chance.

ds, THANK YOU!

6. April 2, 2009 8:18 pm

Love the picture!!!!!!!!!!

Lovin spring…. any minute now…

7. April 3, 2009 11:07 pm

What a fabulous photo! Oh, those colors — they just pop!

The sun is out today, but I am sure it will rain soon!