Bye, baby bunting….

March 25, 2010
tags:

8 pounds, 7 ounces

22 inches tall

Teagan Leyona

Our darling baby bunting was born on March 13th, 2010 at 4:43 am.

Here are my girls; happy all.

Zoey is only a little jealous…..

It was a long and arduous cesarean birth, so grandma took the week off to hang out with the girls.  What more could a grandma ask for!?

I am in heaven.

1. March 25, 2010 11:41 pm

That photo with all three of your girls is precious, and priceless. And who knows what roads those tiny feet will travel? Thank you so much for sharing your joy with pictures!

I brought you – and baby and mama – a little gift. There aren’t many recordings of Alfred, Lord Tennyson’s “Sweet and Low” around with the old musical setting, but I found one. It’s the lullaby my own mother always sang to me.

SWEET and low, sweet and low,
    Wind of the western sea,
    Low, low, breathe and blow,
    Wind of the western sea!
    Over the rolling waters go,
    Come from the dying moon, and blow,
    Blow him again to me;
    While my little one, while my pretty one, sleeps.

Sleep and rest, sleep and rest,
    Father will come to thee soon;
    Rest, rest, on mother’s breast,
    Father will come to thee soon;
    Father will come to his babe in the nest,
    Silver sails all out of the west
    Under the silver moon:
    Sleep, my little one, sleep, my pretty one, sleep.

That’s really lovely, Linda. Thank you. I love singing to babies, and this is a song I don’t know…. I will have to practice! It is wonderful being a grandma – I am very happy…. and already thinking about the trips Teagan and I will have together.

2. March 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Oh wow, she is so lovely! Congratulations

How kind you are Becky! Thank you very much. Being a grandma is wonderful – the best of all worlds.

3. March 27, 2010 12:48 am

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful — and despite the arduous labor, I’m glad everything came out all right — in more ways than one! What smiles you must be sharing!

yes, jeanie – lots of smiles! and everything did come out all right!! She is a darling girl and a joy. Being a grandma is grand!

4. March 27, 2010 9:19 am

Welcome, Teagan! Congratulations all! So glad everyone is healthy and comfortable. Thanks for sharing the news–and photos–of your beautiful girls.

Thank you, ds, for the congrats. I feel like I have stepped into a totally different and other world. It is wonderful!!

5. March 28, 2010 8:54 am

Beautfiul name!!!!
    That little foot photo is so darling, omg and then there’s Zooey the Jealous who makes me smile, too and a wonderful picture of your girls. Nothing but smiles, big hugs and congrats to all.

Oh, thanks! We are happy smiles all. And that little foot is a BIG foot, for such a little girl. Long and thin, just like her mom’s. She can’t keep any of her socks on. She has a hard time keeping up her pants, too, because she has no butt! I should have such problems.