Bloomin’ Eire – The Gardens of Kylemore Abbey

June 21, 2008

Photographer’s Self Portrait

1. June 22, 2008 9:31 pm

These are such beautiful photographs of beautiful flowers from interesting angles. I especially like the two bees. I watched a Nature show last night on the frightening and sudden disappearance of huge populations of honeybees on the planet, threatening the pollination and existence of most of our flowers, fruits and vegetables, so it’s nice to see little pollinating bees.

2. June 24, 2008 11:33 pm

Beautiful colours and the detail is so clear. Summer feels like a lifetime away down here – but it’s nice to have a reminder! We also have a Kylemore here in Cape Town (out in Stellenbosh) but it’s not as pretty.

3. June 25, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi WR – I saw bits of that show, too. I don’t understand why the masses are not frightened about our losing all sources of food!! The part I watched was in China, where the farmers were hand pollinating the apple trees. Talk about labor intensive. I watch for bees in my garden, too, and there are not as many as there used to be. Scary.

Thanks for the comment, Pete. My daughter is a great photographer. She really isn’t into flowers – urban decay is more her subject matter of choice, but she was being kind to me. Your Kylemore has beautiful mountain views.

4. June 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Thanks for the visit! We love coming by your place, too! Just lovely!

5. June 25, 2008 10:37 pm

These are gorgeous!!!!! and it appears the weather was quite cooperative as well …..

much love,
    l.b.

6. June 26, 2008 8:58 am

i hve been reading ur comments on lb’s blog…. so warm n affectionate….so i came here to meet a wonderful person…..hi………loved the photographs. i love visuals.

7. June 26, 2008 9:21 am

Hi jyotsana. Nice to meet you too. Thanks for the compliment, and for visiting. My daughter took the flower photos – I will pass the compliment on to her! Thanks.

8. June 26, 2008 10:34 pm

I love your self portrait! You look so mysterious!
    Becky

9. June 26, 2008 11:07 pm

I wish it were me. Alas, it is Sinead. I haven’t been 16 for a long, long, time.

10. June 27, 2008 7:06 am

Ah, how absolutely lush and gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these photos.

11. June 27, 2008 7:23 am

You bet, Becca! My pleasure. It’s amazing… you think about a vacation for months and months, and then you blink and it is over. Oh well. I have the photos, anyway.

12. June 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Lady Blue, you pop up out of the fog!! Nice to hear from you. The weather was cooperating during these photos…… being Ireland, there was a fair amount of rain, but we just slogged right through and drank lots of tea.